The Elected Officials Education Program is designed specifically for Elected Officials
in the Province of Alberta. Online courses are open to anyone interested in local
government. Classroom sessions are open only to municipally elected officials.
Prior to enrolling in any course, all learners must have an account. This ensures
that course completion is tracked and that certifications can be sent out.
This wizard will guide you through the sign up process.
Please select your title:
IMPORTANT - READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT.
BY ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT, AND THAT YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS. THIS IS A
LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU (the "End User") AND THE ALBERTA ELECTED OFFICIALS EDUCATION PROGRAM CORPORATION AND ITS RELATED COMPANIES (COLLECTIVELY REFERRED
TO HEREIN AS "AEOEPC"). YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE BY ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE DISCLAIMER AND LEGAL NOTICES
WHICH APPEAR ON THE EOEP WEBSITE AND YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THEIR TERMS.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND THE DISCLAIMER AND LEGAL NOTICES, DO NOT COMPLETE YOUR REGISTRATION OR USE THIS
By installing, copying or otherwise using this EOEP E-learning Product, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA.
This EULA grants the right to access the "EOEP E-learning Product", which includes any and all associated media, printed materials, and also
any and all "online" or electronic documentation delivered to you via the EOEP Web site on the World Wide Web.
- Grant of Licence
- 1.1. Licence. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, AEOEPC hereby grants to the End User, and the End User hereby accepts from
AEOEPC, a non-exclusive, non-transferable and non-assignable licence to use only the EOEP E-learning Product associated with the logon identification
("User ID") and password provided by AEOEPC, solely for the End User's use and not for the benefit of any other person or entity.
- End User's Obligations
- 2.1. Proper Use. The End User shall insure that the User ID and/or passwords are not utilized by multiple individuals. Your User ID, and password
are required for accessing and utilizing the EOEP E-learning Product on the EOEP Site. To ensure your security, never reveal your User ID or password
to any third party. The End User is responsible for controlling any passwords provided, and for any actions taken with that password.
- 2.2. Integrity of Data. The End User shall be responsible for the integrity and truthfulness of all data provided.
- 2.3. Educational Environment. The End User shall be responsible for following this EULA at all times, to ensure an orderly educational environment
(meaning all components of the online course), conducive to teaching and learning, free from interference or disruption.
- 2.4. Reporting Behaviour. The End User shall report immediately any disruptive or threatening behaviour with details of the incident to EOEP
for EOEP action.
- Intellectual Property Rights and Restricted Use
- 3.1. End User Acknowledgement. The End User acknowledges that the EOEP E-learning Product, as well as all proprietary rights in and to the
said Program, including, but not limited to, all copyright, patent and trade secret rights, are and shall remain the sole property of AEOEPC and/or its
licensors. The End User shall have only the limited use rights specifically granted by this Agreement. The End User further acknowledges that AEOEPC has
no obligation to modify the said product in any manner for use by the End User.
- 3.2. No Decompilation or Modification. The End User shall not modify, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, recreate, generate, or create
derivative works from the said product or any portion thereof, or otherwise attempt to obtain the corresponding code.
- 3.3. Confidentiality. The End User shall not disclose or make available, directly or indirectly, all or any portion of the EOEP E-learning
Product to any person. All content on the EOEP website remains the property of AEOEPC as outlined in the aforesaid EOEP Disclaimer and Legal Notices.
- Term and Termination
- 4.1. Term. This Agreement shall become effective upon acceptance by the End User. Access to the EOEP E-learning Product at the EOEP Site
by the End User shall be allowed until course completion, or until earlier terminated as provided herein.
- 4.2. Termination. AEOEPC, in its sole discretion, may terminate this Agreement and the licence granted hereunder if the End User should fail to
comply with any obligation set forth in this Agreement, including the EOEP Disclaimer and Legal Notices.
- 5.1. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta.