Information Collected Automatically Via the Internet.
The EOEP logs http requests to our server. These logs capture computer information, navigation, and clickstream data. Some of the information collected does not identify who you are. Other information, such as your domain name or IP address, may identify you depending on the naming standards followed by your Internet service provider. You may wish to ask them about their policies and practices.
While we make no attempt to link the information captured to the identity of individuals, the information captured does identify the following:
- The Internet domain and IP address from which you access our website
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our website
- Screen resolution of your monitor
- The date and time you access our website
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to the EOEP website from another website, the address of that website. This information is used to help us make our site more useful to our audiences by learning about the number of visitors to our site, and by monitoring traffic patterns and the types of technology our visitors use. We do not track or record information about specific individuals and their visits. Visitor information is not disclosed to anyone except EOEP personnel who need the information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to a request.
Personal Information and Other Data We Collect
- EOEP collects personal information when you register for a service or otherwise voluntarily provide such information. We may combine personal information collected from you with information from other services or third parties to provide a better user experience, including customizing content for you.
Privacy and Links to Other Sites
Information Collected in E-mails and Web Forms
If you should choose to provide us with personal information-as in an e-mail or by filling out a form and submitting it to us through our website-we will use that information to respond to your message and to help us get the information you have requested. The EOEP does not collect personal information for commercial marketing or distribution to any private organizations. Messages sent via the Internet can be intercepted. If you are concerned about sending your personal information to us via the Internet, you can use another method such as fax or regular mail.
Transactions Where Information Enters a System of Records
Where personal information is provided that enters a system of records, it is collected in compliance with section 33 (c) of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. The EOEP collects, creates and maintains information for the purposes of registration and other activities directly related to its programs. Information collected is only kept for the length of time necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected.
- We may use personal information to provide the services you’ve requested.
- We offer you choices when we ask for personal information, whenever reasonably possible.
- We make good faith efforts to provide you access to your personal information upon request and to let you correct such data if it is inaccurate and delete it, when reasonably possible.
Alberta Elected Officials Education Program