The Elected Officials Education Program (EOEP) is jointly owned and operated by the Rural Municipalities of Alberta (RMA) and the Alberta Urban Municipalities Association (AUMA). The EOEP was formed in 2007 to provide Alberta’s municipal elected officials with professional development opportunities and ensure that they are well-positioned to serve their communities effectively.
The EOEP offers seven courses on topics that are most relevant to elected officials. Each course has been developed by subject matter experts and adult learning specialists, to ensure that both course content and delivery methods reflect the fact that elected officials have limited time to dedicate to professional development. All courses are designed to be:
- Relevant: Applicable to elected officials from all municipal types and sizes
- Timely: Best practices and content are current
- Interactive: Discuss key concepts and ideas with your peers
- Applicable: Consider how materials would relate to your own municipality
- Regional Partnerships and Collaboration
- Council’s Role in Strategic Planning
- Council’s Role in Municipal Service Delivery
- Council’s Role in Land Use and Development Approvals
- Council’s Role in Public Engagement
- Municipal Corporate Planning and Finance
- Munis 101
Follow us on Twitter
Something went wrong with the twitter. Please check your credentials and twitter username in the twitter settings.